Snowflakes of gold



Hi! Heat embossing is one of my favorite techniques, since it always seems a kind of magic to me. For today's card I decided to mix heat embossing with customized ombré background: the final result is clean and elegant. For this type of Christmas cards I always like to use all the snowflakes by Crackerbox and Suzy Stamps.

Ciao! Una delle mie tecniche preferite è l'embossing a caldo, visto che a me sembra sempre qualcosa di magico. Per quanto riguarda la card di oggi ho deciso di unire questa tecnica ad uno sfondo sfumato personalizzato: il risultato è una card pulita ed elegante. Per questo genere di card natalizie mi piace sempre utilizzare tutti i fiocchi di neve di Crackerbox & Suzy Stamps.


First of all I took a piece of blue cardstock and blended Tumbled Glass, Broken China and Faded Jeans Distress Oxides, from the bottom to the top. In this way I achieved a night sky with a chalk effect on it. On the edge I added a bit of Black Soot Distress Ink.

Prima di tutto ho preso del cartoncino blue e ho sfumato i Distress Oxides Tumbled Glass, Broken China e Faded Jeans, dal basso verso l'alto. In questo modo ho ottenuto un cielo notturno con effetto gesso. Ai bordi esterni ho aggiunto anche una punta di Distress Ink Black Soot.


After everything was dry, I stamped lots of snowflakes (small, medium and large) on the upper edge of the panel with Vesamark ink. Then I covered them with gold powder, heat embossed and stamped the same images with Tumbled Glass Distress Oxide on top.

Dopo che il tutto è asciugato, ho timbrato una miriade di fiocchi di neve (piccoli, medi e grandi) sul lato superiore del pannello, inchiostrandoli con dell'inchiostro Versamark. Poi li ho coperti con della polvere oro, li ho embossati e ho timbrato le stesse immagini con l'Oxide Tumbled Glass.


Finally I heat embossed a sentiment that says "Merry Christmas to you and people you love" on a piece of the same blue cardstock I used for the base - on which I blended the same combo of Oxides. Catching the heat embossing effect with a picture was very hard, but I hope you can imagine the metallic shine!

Infine ho embossato la scritta sempre sullo stesso cartoncino blu utilizzato per la base - e su cui ho ugualmente sfumato la stessa combinazione di inchiostri. Riuscire a catturare l'effetto dell'embossing a caldo attraverso una foto è stato davvero difficile, ma spero che riusciate a immaginarne la brillantezza metallica!


Supplies used:

Snowflakes by Olesya Lg.
Snowflakes by Olesya Med.
Snowflakes by Olesya Sm.

You May Also Like

0 commenti