Special Day - Create a Smile Challenge


Hi there! Today it's really a special day: this is my very first post as Create a Smile Challenge Team member! I'm in love with Create a Smile products and so, when I received the happy e-mail from Christine, I jumped all the day! This is so exciting! A new adventure begins... and I'm in a good company:

Buongiorno a tutti! Oggi è davvero un giorno speciale: questo è il mio primissimo post in qualità di membro del Challenge Team di Create a Smile! Adoro i loro prodotti e così, quando ho ricevuto la bella notizia da Christine, mi sono messa a saltellare per casa tutto il giorno! Quanto sono felice ed emozionata! Una nuova avventura inizia...e sono in ottima compagnia:


Let's start with some inspiration! The theme of the new challenge is "Special Day" - it sounds great, isn't it? 

Ora vediamo se riesco a ispirarvi! Il tema di questa nuova sfida è "Special Day" - suona molto bene, non credete?


I looked through my stash and, as soon as I saw these candles, I thought of arranging them for July 4th celebration. I'm Italian and we're not celebrating that much, but since it's a challenge I wanted to try something new, stretching some Christmas stamps!

Ho dato un'occhiata ai miei timbri e, non appena ho visto queste candele, ho pensato di riadattarle per le celebrazioni del 4 Luglio. Qui in Italia non si tratta di una festa particolarmente sentita, ma trattandosi di una sfida mi sono voluta cimentare in qualcosa di nuovo...utilizzando dei timbri natalizi!


As you can see, I stamped a bunch of candles using masking technique and adding extra stripes and bold stars. I coloured everything with promarker pens, with a touch of Mustard Seed Distress Ink all around the flames.

Come potete vedere, ho timbrato un po' di candele utilizzando la tecnica del masking e aggiungendo strisce e stelle. Ho colorato il tutto con i promarkers, dando un alone giallo alle fiamme grazie al Distress Ink Mustard Seed.


In order to add some interest to this design, I cut the front panel in a half, keeping everything closed with a red ribbon. This layout can be used for any special occasion, such as birthdays for example.
Join our challenge on Create a Smile blog: you can win a 25€ gift card on the store! Have fun!

Per aggiungere una nota interessante a questo design "ripetitivo", ho tagliato a metà il pannello frontale, mantenendo la card chiusa con del nastro rosso. Questo layout può essere utilizzato per qualsiasi occasione, come per esempio i compleanni.
Partecipate alla sfida che trovate sul blog di Create a Smile: potete vincere un buono sconto di 25$! E divertitevi!

You May Also Like

4 commenti

  1. Hi Giada! So happy to be able to visit a blog once in a while. ^_^ I love your card...it's so creative and unique. I think these six months are going to be so much fun! Hugs Laura

    RispondiElimina
    Risposte
    1. Thank you so much, sweet Laura! Your card was so inspiring and gave me the idea of this one! :*

      Elimina
  2. Giada, this is such a great idea to use these candles for 4th celebration! - Sweet Kobylkin

    RispondiElimina
    Risposte
    1. Thank you so much, Ksenija! Your coloring skills are stunning!

      Elimina