Leafy background


Hi there! Today I used the beautiful Leafy Branch tall stamp by So Suzy Stamps to create a card inspired by the one and the only Yana Smakula. I've been following her since ages and I love her clean, simple and colorful style. She often creates her own backgrounds by stamping and coloring some stamped images.

Ciao a tutti! Oggi ho utilizzato il bellissimo timbro Leafy Branch tall di So Suzy Stamps per creare una card tutta ispirata a quelle di Yana Smakula, una delle cardmaker che più adoro. La seguo da anni e amo il suo stile pulito, semplice e coloratissimo. Spesso crea gli sfondi delle sue card timbrando e colorando immagini timbrate.


I decided to do the same with this branch of leaves that I inked with Antique Linen Distress Ink and stamped multiple times on a piece of watercolor paper - not the best choice, I know. 

Ho deciso di fare la stessa con questo ramo di foglie che ho timbrato più volte con del Distress Ink Antique Linen su della carta acquarellabile - non è stata una scelta felice, ne sono consapevole.


Next I coloured all of them with 3 or 4 shades of green prismacolor pencils (I really enjoy the no-line coloring technique!).

Ho colorato poi tutte le immagini utilizzando 3 o 4 sfumature di matite primacolor verdi (mi piace proprio la tecnica di colorazione "no-line"!).


Finally I chose the "Plant a seed" sentiment and I heat embossed in white on black. I trimmed every line of the sentiment and placed them in the center of the card with foam adhesive. I mounted the panel on a black cardbase and I added some white Nuvo Drops as final touches.

Infine ho scelto la scritta "Plant a seed" e l'ho embossata in bianco su cartoncino nero. Ho tagliato ogni riga dell'augurio e le ho posizionate al centro della card con dell'adesivo gommato. Ho montato il pannello su una base nera e ho aggiunto delle Nuvo Drops bianche come tocco finale.


I love this card because I only needed a couple of stamps and a lot of coloring. The final result is clean and bright, and that's exactly what I was looking for!

Mi piace molto il risultato ottenuto perché ho dovuto utilizzare solo un paio di timbri - ma un sacco di colorazione. L'effetto è pulito, semplice ma vivace, esattamente quello che stavo cercando!


Supplies used:

Plant a seed
Leafy Branch tall

You May Also Like

0 commenti